Are you ready for an easy, no bake, decadent dessert that will leave your taste buds begging for more? Today, I wanted to share a recipe for Chocolate Truffles that I like to make and bring with me to special occasions. These bad boys taste super indulgent, but the prunes are great for your digestive system, the walnuts are packed with Omega-3s, and the chocolate is a great antioxidant! Personally, I love desserts that don’t skimp on the taste or flavor, but also deliver a host of benefits and don’t leave me deep in the sugar blues later. Enjoy!
Lina’s No Bake Chocolate Truffles
**Disclaimer: Please judge me by the quality of my baking NOT the quality of my photography 🙂
- 1 package of Non-Sulphured Prunes from Trader Joe’s
- 1 cup walnut baking pieces
- Dark Chocolate — if you find some that isn’t held together with Soy Lecithin, even better – I personally prefer Enjoy Life brand!!
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- Unsweetened Coconut Shreds (optional for garnish)
- Soak prunes in hot water for about 15 minutes to an hour. You want them to be plump and juicy NOT dry!
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside
- Using a double boiler (or fashion your own), melt 1 bar of chocolate or 1/2 cup of chocolate chips. Do this slowly, on low heat, and stir so the chocolate doesn’t burn
- Place walnuts in the food processor and pulse until you get a nice fine crumbly consistency
- Pour food processed walnuts into a medium sized bowl
- Once prunes have been soaked, drain the water (or drink it!), and place prunes in the food processor
- Pour food processed prunes into bowl with walnuts
- Add salt and vanilla to the bowl & mix thoroughly
- Mix the melted chocolate from the double boiler into the bowl
- Using the double boiler again, go ahead and melt the rest of your chocolate. It can be anywhere from 2-3 bars to 3/4 of a bag of chips, you just need enough to coat all the truffles you’re about to roll!!
- Roll the batter into 1 inch balls
- Immerse each ball fully in the melted chocolate and place on parchment papered cookie sheet
- (Optional) Sprinkle the chocolaty lovelies with unsweetened shredded coconut (or if you are super trendy with your tastes, you can garnish with sea salt!)
- Place in the fridge for a few hours until the chocolate hardens and you get a nice candy shell